PE and sport premium funding
All children and young people should live healthy active lives. The UK Chief Medical Officers recommend that all children and young people should take part in moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity for at least 60 minutes every day. Children with special educational needs and disabilities should take part in 20 minutes of daily activity.
The Childhood Obesity Plan says that at least 30 minutes of daily activity should take place in schools. We lay the foundations of positive and enjoyable participation in regular physical activity. All children should have equal access to high-quality PE provision and opportunities to experience and participate in a wide range of sports and physical activities. Academic achievement can improve in school because of the benefits children can gain.
Our school uses the PE and sport premium funding to help achieve these aims.
- increasing all staff’s confidence, knowledge and skills in teaching PE and sport
- increasing engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity and sport
- raising the profile of PE and sport across the school, to support whole school improvement
- offer a broader and more equal experience of a range of sports and physical activities to all pupils
- increase participation in competitive sport