This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects
all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment’
“Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and, and some point, you will.” —Venus Williams
Our aims for Physical Education are to:
- Provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that satisfies the needs of the current National Curriculum and provide pupils with appropriate challenge with acceptable risk
- Develop a whole school approach to physical development which takes pupils through progressive stages of learning and challenge, enabling them to fulfil their potential, develop competence and control in the gross and fine motor skills that pupils need to take part in PE and sport.
- Ensure pupils have the opportunity to demonstrate that they know and understand how to apply their competence and make appropriate decisions for themselves by challenging pupils to select and use skills and tactics appropriately.
- Provide pupils with opportunities to use imaginative ways to express and communicate ideas, solve problems and overcome challenges, both as individuals and as part of a team or group
All pupils are entitled to a progressive and comprehensive physical education programme which embraces current National Curriculum and the statutory EYFS Framework and considers individual interests and needs.
The school provides all pupils with the entitlement of 2 hours high quality Physical Education a week. This it delivers through 2 lessons of 60 minutes duration. The time-table and scheme of work is centrally planned by the PE leader (Anna Griffin). We work closely in partnership with with GetSet4PE and YMCA Leeds.
The school has created a clear, progressive, skills-based curriculum.
Long Term Plan
Out of School Hours Learning
There are two elements of Out of School Hours Learning.
- Regular lunch time (football with Mr Gleeson) and after school clubs (run by Primary Influence)
These change each term and are chosen
- Extra-curricular sporting events arranged by Natalie Robinson at North North West SSP