Through high-quality science teaching, we aim to prepare our children for life in an increasingly scientific and technological world. Children are taught about the world through observation, enquiry, gathering and analysing data, and recording and evaluating findings.
We aim for our children to:
- Develop positive attitudes to science
- Build on their natural curiosity about the world
- Develop their ability to work scientifically
- Develop their scientific knowledge and understanding
- Use a growing scientific vocabulary to be able to articulate scientific concepts clearly and precisely
- Ask effective questions to extend their learning and thinking
- Know about the contributions of significant scientists
- Experience appropriate challenge and make good progress in science.