This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects
all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment’
The Government has given every Primary School funding to develop Physical Education and competitive sport. At Adel St John we are using this funding to enable us to work with professional partners YMCA and our local partnership with Active Schools to provide competitions and club opportunities for pupils. In addition to this, it will enable us provide continuous professional development for staff to improve the teaching of P.E. in school and in turn enhance the experience and learning opportunities for our pupils. In providing specialist coaches to work alongside class teachers in lessons, our children are gaining new skills and experiences and teachers are learning new techniques and knowledge to aid their professional development in teaching sport and PE. This in-turn, will develop an understanding of the importance of a healthy lifestyle through active participation in Sport and PE. Our children will develop a life-long love of Sport through their physical literacy.
PE Mission Statement:
At Adel St. John the Baptist, we strive to provide all children with a healthy, happy and physically active lifestyle. We encourage each individual child to reach their highest standards in a variety of physical activities and sports, both team and individual. Each child is encouraged to develop high levels of self-esteem and cope sportingly with both success and failure in competitive and cooperative situations. With our nurturing and safe environment, our aim is that every child has a life-long positive attitude towards sport and their health and well-being allowing them to grow into healthy and happy adults.
Our main aims:
- Foster a life-long love of PE, sport and physical activity and understanding of a Healthy Lifestyle.
- Develop staff confidence and ability to deliver higher quality PE lessons, improving the learning and participation of ALL pupils.
- Increase the participation in competitive sports amongst our pupils.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to develop leadership skills in PE.
- Create links to local clubs for pupils to extend their out of school experiences
- Improve the provision and resourcing of PE Equipment to enable staff to deliver higher quality PE.
Click on the link to access information on how this funding has impacted on PE here at Adel St John.
Hockey Year 1
Year 1 have been developing their skills of team games through hockey. Working with the YMCA they have been mastering basic movements of agility and co-ordination and developing simple tactics for attacking and defending.